Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is conducting Walkin drive for M Phil / Phd(Bio-Tech, Botany, Zoology), MSc(Bio-Tech, Botany / Agricultural Botany, Zoology) holders for Research Biologists role on December 09, 2013
Company name : Wildlife Institute of India (WII)
Posts : Research Biologists
Qualification : M Phil / Phd(Bio-Tech, Botany, Zoology), MSc(Bio-Tech, Botany / Agricultural Botany, Zoology)
Salary : Rs. 16,000/-PM
Location : Dehradun
Last date to apply : 9/12/2013
Details of Post :
The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is a premier national autonomous Institution of the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoE&F), Government of India in the field of teaching, training and research. The institute has been assigned a task by the National Tiger Conservation Authority, Govt. of India, to cover major landscapes for ‘Monitoring of tigers, co-predators, prey and their habitat in India’. The WII wishes to engage 5 Research Biologists and One Senior Research Biologist on 9th December 2013 on contractual basis (Indian Nationals only) for the project titled “Monitoring tigers, co-predators, prey and their habitat”. The assignment will be up to 31stMarch 2015 initially, which may be extended for further period(s) according to project requirements and satisfactory performance of the individuals. The essential and desirable qualifications, terms and conditions and how to apply for the available positions are given below.
|No. of Position & Age Criteria||
Brief description of the work
Age: Shall not be more than 35 yearsas onMonday, 6thDecember 2013.
|M.Sc. or M. Phil. Degree in Wildlife Science/Botany/Zoology/Forestry/ Life Science/Natural Resource Management/Agriculture/ Environmental Sciences/ Agricultural Science/Veterinary Science/Biotechnology with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized University.||
Candidate(s) with prior experience in sampling design and animal abundance estimation are preferred. Able to do field work in harsh conditions. Knowledge of GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing is desirable.
|Population estimation using camera traps, mark recapture, distance sampling and occupancy analysis. Habitat evaluation and human disturbance assessment. The research work will be carried out in different parts of India. Work will be primarily at field sites with occasional visits to HQ (WII), Dehradun.|
Senior Research Biologist
Age: Shall not be more than 45 yearsas onMonday, 6thDecember 2013
|The candidate should hold a Ph.D. Degree in Ecology/Wildlife Science/ Life Science/Forestry/Bio-Sciences/ Zoology/Botany with over 6 years of research or work experience after M.Sc.||Publications in relevant field and experience in animal abundance estimation techniques. Knowledge of Program R, MARK, DISTANCE, DENSITY, SPACECAP PRESENCE and other relevant Ecology software.||Analysis of large scale data on animal abundance and indices, field supervision and training, report writing. Work will be both at HQ (WII) in Dehradun, with several field visits.|
To Receive Education Based Job Alert - Register Now on Fresherslive.com
GENERAL Terms & Conditions:
- The selection of the candidates will be based on `Walk-in-Interview’ scheduled to be conducted at theWildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehra Dun on Monday, 9th December 2013.
- Candidates appearing for the walk-in-interview would be registered at 09:00 A.M. on 9th December 2013 at WII. Candidates should bring the duly filled-in applications with attested true copies of testimonials of qualifications, experience, date of birth etc. along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations. All original documents should be produced at the time of registration.
- The selection offer to the candidates will be on purely contractual basis up to 31st March 2015 initially and it may be extended for further period(s) depending upon the requirement of the project and satisfactory performance of the candidates.
- Selected candidate(s) will be paid the fellowship as stated below:
- Research Biologist (Field Component): Consolidated amount of Rs. 16,000/- as fellowship per month. In addition, Rs. 2000/- per month will be paid to the selected candidates during the field work.
- Senior Research Biologist (Field Component): Consolidated minimum amount of Rs. 30,000/- as fellowship per month. In addition, Rs. 2000/- per month will be paid to the selected candidates during the field work.
- Candidate(s) shall be provided hostel accommodation or HRA as applicable.
- Canvassing in any form is liable to result in rejection of the candidature.
- The selected candidates need to join immediately or at a short notice.
- No TA/DA and accommodation will be provided to the candidates appearing for the walk-in-interview. Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for stay while attending the interview.
- The application form can be downloaded from the Institute’s website www.wii.gov.in.
- The Director, WII reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 9/12/2013