World Wide Fund (WWF India) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of GIS Officer through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Post Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from World Wide Fund (WWF India)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the GIS Officer Job on or before 08th April, 2015 Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||World Wide Fund (WWF India)|
|Vacancy Name||GIS Officer|
|Educational Qualification||Any Post Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||08th April, 2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||WWF-India, 172 B, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi- 110003|
Detail of World Wide Fund (WWF India) GIS Officer Recruitment:
WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from candidates with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature and environment, to work as the GIS Officer.
The role will comprise of spatial-temporal analysis of the Living Himalayas Initiative (LHI) Landscape including geo-spatial analysis of IRS LISS-3 imageries for two time periods as well as other ongoing GIS projects.
- Location: New Delhi.
- The Job Profile:
- Acquisition and satellite image processing of remote sensing imagery.
- Data Capturing, digitization, image processing of satellite Imagery and subsequent image rectification and classification.
- GIS map production and geo database design tasks for different projects with special focus on spatial analysis and mapping.
- Land cover change detection analyses, and producing written reports.
- Preparation and submission of final project database and report.
- Presentation and quality map development.
- Advanced geographic analysis using both spatial and attribute information.
- Design and create maps based on the needs of various GIS Projects.
- Generation of technical report; create and update necessary documents.
- Compilation of all GIS and Remote sensing data and handling of GPS (Global Positioning System), whenever required.
- Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Masters degree from a recognized institute preferably in Environmental Science, with knowledge of Remote Sensing & GIS Techniques
- 1-2 years’ experience of working on GIS and Remote Sensing projects.
- Knowledge of Erdas Imagine, Arc View, Arc GIS and other related softwares.
- Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and communication skill (both verbal & written).
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Task-oriented with an ability to work within given timelines.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
Selection Procedure for World Wide Fund (WWF India)- GIS Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 08th April, 2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for GIS Officer Vacancy in World Wide Fund (WWF India):
- Apply Via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Details: Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
- Last Date for sending applications: 08th April, 2015
- In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “GIS Officer”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
- WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
- Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 08th April, 2015